You know that one holiday you took. Yes that one. The one you can’t forget. The one where if you close your eyes and think about it positive feelings wash over you.
Get a piece of paper and write about what made it so great.
You can populate your song by:
- Tell the story of what happened
- Create a character who has these experiences
- Show-not-tell us where you were with sensory descriptions.
- Convey the experience to us
- Make music that embodies that feeling you had
- Incorporate the sounds of the place
Tell the story in the verses and convey the emotion in the chorus. Surprise us in the bridge by giving us a whole new perspective on what happened.